Ohio Brewery News
Apologies for the spartan nature of the update today: between Six One Pour, Columbus Craft Beer Week and the release of our economic impact study ($967 million in 2018!), it’s been quite a busy few days. So, here’s the regular amount of content, minus the well-researched cultural phenomena and easter egg links. Full reporting next week, promise!
- The Brew Brothers have released two new beers for Columbus Craft Beer Week: Staycation margarita-inspired gose and Backyard Luau gose with mango and ginger.
- Somewhere In Particular Brewing will release three cans today: Tuesday Morning Fun Pit raspberry smoothie IPA, By the Flaming Hammer of Gallagher jalapeño watermelon gose and Deflategate New England IPA.
- Today, Barley’s Brewing Company will tap casks of their Russian Imperial Stout aged in 451 Spirits Pipe Dream rum barrels.
- BrewDog will hold a Beer Talk 101 session tonight at DogTap Columbus in Canal Winchester, followed by their unofficial Columbus Craft Beer Week closing party on Saturday, May 25.
- Seventh Son Brewing will hold a fundraiser for the Cat Welfare Association and cat adoption event on Saturday, May 25 from noon- 3 p.m.
- Cheers to two years of beers from Noble Beast Brewing! They’ll celebrate on Monday, May 27 with a carnival and six beer releases (including collaborations with Little Fish Brewing and Goldhorn Brewery).
- Platform Beer Co. will release their collaboration with Cincinnati’s Brink Brewing, Just the Dopest Imperial IPA, as well as These Four Walls sour smoothie double IPA on Saturday, May 25.
- Masthead Brewing will release cans of Fruit Blood double smoothie IPA and Extra! Extra! New England double IPA on Saturday, May 25.
- Bookhouse Brewing will host Grande Fete Saisonniere, a festival of Belgian-style beers featuring 10 Ohio breweries, on Sunday, May 26.
- Boss Dog Brewing will host a special beer dinner with two new release brews on Wednesday, May 29 at their Cleveland Heights brewpub.
- The Cuyahoga River Brewery Trail will launch in June, spotlighting 18 breweries located within a mile of the Cuyahoga River, spanning from Cleveland to Kent.
- Headtrip Brewery is releasing a new pineapple variant of their Hazers Gonna Love hazy pale ale this weekend.
- Speaking of pineapple variants, Paradigm Shift Brewing in Massillon released their latest take on My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Bar, a milkshake IPA with lactose and pineapple puree.
- The Snozberries Taste Like Snozberries is the newest fruit tart ale on tap at Birdfish Brewing in Columbiana.
- Canton Brewing Company’s Golden Goose Helles lager, brewed with Ohio-grown malt from West Branch Malts, is on tap now.
- Cheers to a year of beer from Inside the Five Brewing in Sylvania! Their first birthday party kicks off at 10 a.m. on Monday, May 27 with six new beers on tap as well as some Inside the Five favorites making a return.
- Welcome The UrbanWoody Brewery in Fostoria, the newest member of the Ohio Craft Brewers Association! They held their grand opening on May 17 and are now included on the Ohio On Tap brewery passport app.
- Upside Brewing’s newest creation is The Runner, a New England IPA bursting with mango and melon aromas and smooth citrus flavor.
This week, the craft brewing community learned that Patrick Gangwer of Three Tigers Brewing was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer. Southeast and Central Ohio breweries jumped into action, with more than 40 of them donating a portion of their sales on Thursday, May 23 to help offset the costs of Patrick’s treatment. Read more about the effort and how you can help at facebook.com/patrickscancerfight
- Buckeye Lake Brewery has teamed up with Johnson’s Real Ice Cream and Dips on the Lake to brew A Little Peach of My Heart peach cream ale, tapping will take place on Thursday, May 29.
- This week, Br3w3ry Hocking Hills released Triple Gold golden ale, honoring Logan, Ohio’s Olympic champion basketball player Katie Smith.
- Sonder Brewing will release cans of their Record Hop IPA – this version featuring Calypso and Huell Melon hops – today at their brewery taproom in Mason.
- Urban Artifact will release three canned variants of their Gyroscope fruit tart on Saturday, May 25 at their Northside Cincy taproom.
- Sons of Toil Brewing will host a small farmers market around the patio of their brewery in Mount Orab this Saturday, May 25.
- Cincy Cobra is on the loose! Cans of the new hazy Citra IPA from Taft’s Brewing Company were released this past week.
- DogBerry is building out a new outdoor patio space just in time for summer at their taproom in West Chester.
- Cheers to a year of beer from Branch & Bone Artisan Ales! They will kick off a three-day celebration on Thursday, May 30 with a cask of Peanut Butter Coffee Dimmer, followed by the big party on Saturday, June 1 that includes a bottle release of their first barrel aged beer, Feral Dawn.
- Devil Wind Brewing tapped a one-off batch of cookies and cream stout at their brewery tasting room in Xenia.
- Roundhouse Depot Brewing in Bellefontaine tapped their new summer beer, Lake Lemon Trestle blonde ale, earlier this week.