Ohio Brewery News
- Combustion Brewery in Pickerington will host a weekend-long celebration of International Women’s Day, beginning today with the tapping of Stand Strong double IPA, a collaboration brew made by women representing 14 Central Ohio breweries. Live music on Friday night by The Salty Caramels and a Girl Power Sip ‘n’ Shop on Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Get all the details on the weekend festivities at facebook.com/combustionbrewing
- Nocterra Brewing to hold their first can release for Beta Flash NE IPA on Sunday, March 10 at their brewery in Powell.
- The 24th Annual Barley’s Homebrew Competition drop-off dates are March 26-30 at their brewpub in downtown Columbus.
- BrewDog’s new milkshake IPA, Pulp Patriot, will be available in cans at all three Columbus-area locations starting today.
- Pack IPA, the newest bottle release from Wolf’s Ridge Brewing is available at retailers around central Ohio this week.
- Big couple of weeks for Saucy Brew Works. The brewery took home the honors as “best Cleveland brewery” as judged by cleveland.com, and followed that up with the opening of a brewpub location inside Quicken Loans Arena. They then announced the location of their upcoming Columbus brewpub (slated to open this summer), all the while expanding distribution into North Carolina. Follow all these stories atfacebook.com/saucybrewworkscle
- Tonight, The Jolly Scholar will help you do your taxes, and smooth out the process with their new release 1040EZ Beer.
- We’ll See Summer Come Again, a kettle sour with pink guava, is the newest beer on tap at the Butcher and the Brewer in downtown Cleveland.
- Collision Bend’s Luke Purcell and Ben Northeim talk with The Taproom Exclusive podcast about their Lake Erie Sunset wheat ale.
- Platform Beer Co. is accepting new mug club members through the month of March at their taproom in Cleveland.
- Cheers to a year of beer from Fat Head’s Brewery location in Canton! Pub brewer Will Polensek and his team have brewed up some special beers to release during the weeklong anniversary festivities running from March 11-16. Follow them on social media for all the details as they are released: facebook.com/fatheadscanton
- Today, the Phoenix Brewing Company will tap Stand Strong double IPA, the International Women’s Day collaboration made by women from 14 Ohio breweries.
- Wadsworth Brewing Company will hold their second annual beer and Girl Scout cookie pairing on Sunday, March 10.
- Today, Two Monks Brewing will release their Lenten Bock on draft at their brewery taproom in Akron.
- R.Shea Brewing’s Fruit Dance Party Berliner Weisse is back on tap, featuring blueberries this go-round.
- Moeller Brew Barn is rolling out a fresh batch of Rooster Bock to retail markets just in time for Lent. Traditionally, monks would drink bock-style brews while fasting, so it seems appropriate for Moeller to offer this option, considering the area’s concentration of monasteries. We’re told that a diet of bock alone can help you achieve a level of transcendence previously unknown to most. Stop in to the brewery in Maria Stein and reverently order a pint or two, or pick up a six-pack at a retailer near you.
- Grove Street Brün Cuvée 2.0, an Oud Bruin-style sour ale, is on tap now at Bowling Green Beer Works.
- A new version of Rat Trip NE IPA double dry-hopped with Citra, Mosaic and Motueka hops is on tap now at Lake Rat Brewing in Celina.
- Trek Brewing in Newark launched their Trek Together Community Fund this week, the brewery’s new charitable giving program. Every Thursday the brewery will collect a portion of the evening’s beer sales and donate them to a partner charity or hold them in the new fund which can be used for future charitable projects. Learn the details of the program on Trek’s blog at trekbeer.com
- Wooly Pig Farm Brewery recently brought in additional lagering tanks to more than double their capacity.
- Computer Games hazy pale ale brewed with tangerines is on tap now at Three Tigers Brewing in Granville.
- Fretboard Brewing will release cans of Mellowship India Session Pilsner today from their brewery taproom in Blue Ash. Simultaneously, they’ll release cans of Reba strawberry blonde ale. Both are expected to be available on southwest Ohio retail shelves starting next week. Read all about the duet can release at facebook.com/fretboardbrewing
- Fifty West Brewing released their limited edition White Out blueberry walnut cream stout this week.
- Brink Brewing will tap four new beers today: Rock the Boat Sour NEIPA, Rock the Boat Pina Colada, Brinkinator Doppelbock and Father G’s Bees with Honey, Maple Syrup and Coffee.
- Urban Artifact’s Squeezebox strawberry midwest fruit tart is available now on draft and in 4-pack cans.
- Warped Wing Brewing Company will launch two beers this weekend. Tonight, their new Test Flight IPA will make its debut on draft at Warped Wing’s downtown Dayton taproom. On Saturday, 10 Ton Irish Cream Stout hits the taps, just in time for the week-long lead-up to St. Patrick’s Day. Get all the details on both beers by following Warped Wing on social media: facebook.com/warpedwing
- Devil Wind to tap Riding Leisurely, their Vienna Lager collaboration with Yellow Springs Brewery, on Wednesday, March 13.
- Hairless Hare Brewery expanding into adjacent space, plan to offer larger taproom with more seating.