Ohio Brewery News
Cheers to a year of beer from Random Precision Brewing Company! The sour-centric Columbus brewery will hold their anniversary party on Saturday, March 16, celebrating in style with several event-exclusive beers. The brewery’s flagship Brett IPA, Misconstrued Sarcasm, will get three fruit infusions just for Saturday’s festivities. The newest addition to the Random Precision lineup is Anxious Glances, a red sour aged in grape brandy barrels with lemon and orange peel that will be available on draft and in 500 mL bottles while supplies last. Get all the party release details at columbusalive.com
- Elevator Brewing will release Gravity 5.0, a 10% ABV Scottish Wee Heavy, on Saturday, March 16 at their 13th Floor Taproom in Columbus.
- Sideswipe Brewing and Barley’s Brewing have again collaborated on Collar & Elbow Irish Stout, which will be released Saturday, March 16 at Sideswipe.
- Hoof Hearted dual can release on Sunday, March 17: Party at Steve Guttenberg’s House double IPA and Quit Your Fussin’ On Me sour milkshake double IPA.
- Endeavor to host 10th anniversary party for Columbus Gives Back on Monday, March 18.
Cheers to two years of beers from Railroad Brewing Company in Avon! Join them in celebration starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 16 as the first 100 people through the door will receive a commemorative glass. The anniversary festivities will double as a pre-St. Patrick’s Day party, with an Irish breakfast on Saturday morning, a special beer release in the afternoon and live music in the evening. Get all the event details at facebook.com/railroadbrewingcompany
- Pot o’ Gold Pilsner, the green glitter concoction from Terrestrial Brewing, makes a one-day appearance on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Noble Beast has two new beers on tap: Kilbane’s Irish stout and Lichtenhainer, a smoky wheat beer with a hint of lactobacillus tartness.
- Frankie Short & Stout, an oatmeal coffee stout is on tap now at Boss Dog Brewing in Cleveland Heights.
- Double Wing Brewing will soon offer cans of a bourbon barrel aged peanut butter coffee blonde ale.
Cheers to four years of beers from the Lager Heads production brewery and taproom in Medina! They’ll celebrate the occasion on Sunday, March 17 with a St. Patrick’s Day party starting at 9 a.m. A firkin of Irish Coffee Savage Stout will be available while it lasts, and the kitchen will be serving up breakfast pizza until noon and corned beef pizzas all day. Get more event details at facebook.com/lagerheadsbrewingcompany
- Hop Tree Brewing releasing a small batch of Leprechaun Shenanigans Irish dry stout today at their taproom in Hudson.
- Lockport Brewery is tapping a limited release of Red Beard’s Irish red ale today at noon at their taproom in Bolivar.
- Paradigm Shift Brewing in Massillon to release Pistachio Blonde (yep, that’s a green beer) on Saturday, March 16 for their St. Patrick’s Day weekend event.
- Ignite Brewing in Barberton will release Women on the Rise – a blackberry and lime gose brewed with the Pink Boots hop blend – on Thursday, March 21.
You’re probably starting to pick up on a theme this week: lots of breweries are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with special beers. On Saturday, March 16, Two Bandits Brewing in Hicksville will release The Dublin Irish red ale to the general public (Brew Crew mug club members got a sneak peek earlier this week). A ruddy beer featuring slightly sweet caramel notes blended with an earthy chocolate rye, The Dublin is an indulgent but sessionable seasonal brew. Learn more about the holiday festivities at facebook.com/twobanditsbrewing
- Twin Oast Brewing’s cask conditioned ale this week is their Two Legit double IPA with an extra hop addition, available today only at their taproom in Port Clinton.
- Catawba Island Brewing has brewed a fresh batch of La Barrachacho Mexican light lager with lime and sea salt for Barra Tacos in Sandusky.
The fourth and final barrel of Joey Bitchin’s Bourbon Barrel Stash will be tapped at Y Bridge Brewing in Zanesville on Sunday, March 17. This beer started its journey as Downtown Brown imperial brown ale, then was aged in Mill Street Distillery bourbon barrels for a year. The third barrel in the series was conditioned on El Progreso Colombian coffee beans from One Line Coffee; if you happened to like that one, you’re in luck because the fourth barrel got a double dose of the same coffee. More details at facebook.com/ybridgebrewing
Cheers to two years of beers from Narrow Path Brewing! While it may be a second anniversary, Narrow Path is rolling two firsts into the weekend festivities. The Loveland brewery is putting out their first barrel aged beer – an Irish red – as their first ever bottle release. 50 bottles will be released today, another 50 on Saturday and 75 more on Sunday for St. Patrick’s Day. Narrow Path will have a “kegs and eggs” breakfast starting at 8 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday. For more details on the weekend celebration, visit facebook.com/narrowpathbrewing
- Today, Grainworks Brewing will tap Old Ghosts Dessert Stout, a collaboration with Lough Gill Brewery in Sligo, Ireland, for the St. Patrick’s Day weekend festivities.
- Listermann Brewing will hold a bottle release of Barrel Aged Imperial Shamrock Shake stout on Saturday, March 16.
- 3 Points Urban Brewery to release Nazar Turkish Lager on Saturday, March 16 at their Pendleton taproom.
- Peace Frog, a citrus IPA made with orange peel, lemon juice and lime juice, is on tap now at Little Miami Brewing in Milford.
Branch & Bone Artisan Ales will release three beers in cans and bottles on Saturday, March 16. Cosmic Slop IPA – featuring Galaxy and Citra hops – and Citra Maze double IPA – brewed with Citra hops and extracted hop terpenes – will both get the 16 oz. can treatment. Cellar Song #1 is the first in a series of beers from Branch & Bone’s mixed fermentation program. This beer is a blend of foeder-aged wild ale refermented on black currants, stainless aged wild ale, and clean saison packaged in 500 mL bottles. Limited quantities of glassware will also be available when the doors of their Dayton taproom open at noon. Get all the details at facebook.com/branchandboneales