- With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, you may be looking for just the right gift for your craft beer-loving significant other. Sideswipe Brewing is playing Cupid for you this year with the release of Cordially Velvet. This pretty, purple sour ale balances tart cherry flavors with rich, luscious chocolate. Skip the candies and get the beer lover you love what they really want. Available on draft at Sideswipe’s west side taproom in Columbus on Thursday, Feb. 14. Read more at facebook.com/sideswipebrewing
- Commonhouse Ales announces plans to brew exclusively with Ohio-grown malts within two years.
- Combustion Brewing offering 3 versions of Antidote coffee blonde ale at their Pickerington taproom.
- Rec Room hazy pale ale on tap now at Antiques on High in the Brewery District in Columbus.
- Staas Brewing’s spiced Belgian Winter Ale one of five Belgian-style beers currently available at their Delaware taproom.
- Saucy Brew Works has a huge new beer release lined up for Saturday, Feb. 9 at the brewery in Ohio City. Four new brews will be hitting the taps when the doors open at 11 a.m.: Don’t Stop Wit It Wit It Belgian-style white ale with tangerine, Born of Oak barrel-fermented French saison, Haters Gone Rose Gold Belgian-style golden ale with rosehips and red wine must, and Nugget SMaSH (single malt and single hop) IPA. Read all about the releases at facebook.com/saucybrewworkscle
- Avon Brewing Company joins the Ohio Craft Brewers Association, added to Ohio On Tap brewery passport app.
- Working Class brewmaster Richard Skains will hold a Beer School session on Sunday, Feb. 10.
- Ogrefest, The Brew Kettle’s annual celebration of strong beers, returns Feb. 8-17.
- Willoughby Brewing teamed up with Laurello Vineyards for “Must” Be Love, combining Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter with Cabernet Franc must.
- The Phoenix Brewing Company has a couple of award-winning beer releases planned for the lead-up to Valentine’s Day. This past week, the 2018 U.S. Open Beer Championship bronze medal-winning Dark Lylith chocolate stout returned to the taps at the Mansfield brewery. Then, on Wednesday, Feb. 13, The Phoenix will re-release the 2018 Ohio Craft Brewers Cup bronze medal-winning Tipped Tombstone Wee Heavy. Read the brewery newsletter for details on these and future releases at phoenixbrewing.com
- Ignite Brewing in Barberton getting a head-start on St. Patrick’s Day with release of Smiling Eyes Irish stout on Thursday, Feb. 14.
- Winter Sweet Heat Chocolate Jalapeno Stout on tap now at Headtrip Brewery in Stow.
- Shale Brewing tapped a small batch of their Raspberry Blonde Stout this week at their North Canton tasting room.
- A limited release of Mayan Dog Chocolate Honey Stout is on tap at Thirsty Dog locations in Akron and Cleveland.
- 4KD Crick Brewery begins their rollout of cans into the Northwest Ohio market today. Five beers will be appearing on store shelves this month: Turkey Crick Blonde Ale, Hog Wild Amber Ale, Preston Island Pale Ale, Ole Ransom Russian Imperial Stout, Defiants Double IPA (an admirable pun of 4KD Crick’s home city of Defiance). The brewery will hold a series of sampling events at retailers around the region starting tonight. To find a location near you, check the event listings at facebook.com/4kdcrickbrewery
- Black Cloister Brewing in Toledo is offering limited-edition bottles of brandy barrel aged Chained Dog Belgian strong ale.
- Earnest Brew Works Peanut Butter Crunchy Hippie and Peanut Butter Worker’s Porter kegs hit distribution this week.
- Cheers to seven years of beers from Buckeye Lake Brewery! The anniversary festivities officially kick off on Saturday, Feb. 9 at noon with 12 beers on tap, including past favorites Blueberry Pie Blonde, Vanilla Porter, S’mores Porter and Blue Goose with Juice cream ale made special for the occasion. Long-time supporters of the brewery are encouraged to bring in their vintage growlers for discounts on fills. Get more details on the event at facebook.com/buckeyelakebrewery
- DankHouse Brewing is releasing Blue Mang-oo Berliner Weisse and Bob’s Your Uncle IPA today at their Newark taproom.
- Byte tart sour session ale on tap now at Double Edge Brewing in Lancaster.
- When Hurricane Maria made landfall on Puerto Rico in September of 2017, the storm pummeled the island, leaving tremendous human cost and billions of dollars in damage in its wake. Puerto Rico’s kumquat orchards were almost entirely decimated by the storm, which left Cincinnati’s Urban Artifact with a quandary over their seasonal gose Pinwheel, made with Puerto Rican-sourced kumquats. The brewery elected to substitute in oranges for the 2019 release; read more at facebook.com/urbanartifactbrewing
- In case you missed it: Taft’s Brewing Company’s flagship beer cans are getting a facelift.
- Sonder Brewing is releasing You Betcha! NEIPA in six-packs today from their brewery taproom in Mason.
- DogBerry Brewing has a baseball-themed fruit-infused brut IPA series available in their West Chester taproom for a limited time.
- Ruby Mild English-style session ale is the latest taproom exclusive brew from Samuel Adams in Cincy.
- Congratulations to Alematic Artisan Ales, which opened to the public last weekend! The long-planned brewery and taproom in Huber Heights is now open Wednesday through Saturday with six beers currently on tap and more to come shortly. The grand opening celebration is being planned for March, with distribution within the Dayton area to follow thereafter. Read Mark Fisher’s write up of Alematic at dayton.com
- The Dayton Beer Company’s third annual Goatfest celebration of barrel aged beer returns Saturday, Feb. 9, featuring 36 beers from 23 Ohio breweries.
- Yellow Springs Brewery abides: Big Lebowski-themed Bush League Psych-Out stout taps Feb. 11.