- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing will hold their big winter bottle release on Saturday, Jan. 26 at their taproom in downtown Columbus. Port barrel aged Dire Wolf Russian imperial stout is the headliner of this release – along with cinnamon & orange peel and vanilla versions – but they’ll also have three variants of Lil’ Nippert barrel aged barleywine and two other super-limited bottles available for sale. Get all the bottle release details and see the list of nearly 50 beers on draft at facebook.com/wolfsridgebrew
- Pretentious Barrel House is releasing Raspberry Sybarite sour ale and Raspberry Pie Sybarite today.
- Seventh Son to release bourbon barrel aged Oubliette imperial stout and other vintage bottles on Sunday, Jan. 27.
- Land-Grant’s Club Tril release on Tuesday, Jan. 29 to honor former OSU basketball walk-on Mark Titus.
- Commonhouse Ales First Draft small batch series now available at Smokehouse Brewing.
- Cheers to two years of beers from Masthead Brewing! The party starts Saturday morning with the six can releases: Where’s My Birthday Cake imperial cake stout, Sophomore Slump imperial Berliner Weisse (collaboration with Streetside Brewery), Same As Last Year triple NEIPA, Fruit Blood double smoothie IPA with pineapple, mango and lactose, Extra! Extra! double dry-hopped double IPA, and The Juggerhop triple west coast IPA. Get details on can releases and special draft offerings at facebook.com/mastheadbrewingco
- Terrestrial Brewing releases Morning Halp! stout today.
- Bookhouse + Biology: brewery to host science talks during Midwest Fish & Wildlife Conference.
- Butcher & the Brewer’s We’ll See Summer Come Again kettle sour on tap now.
- Funkaison wine barrel aged saison with Brettanomyces on tap now at Working Class Brewery.
- If German compound nouns like “Reinheitsgebot” and “Zweimaischverfahren” make your ears perk up, you’ll want to attend the Propogator doppelbock can release at Royal Docks Brewing on Monday, Jan. 28. This release is the first of the North Canton brewery’s monthly “Meet the Brewers” series, where Royal Docks’ award-winning brew team will discuss new releases and popular favorites. Get more info at facebook.com/royaldocksbrewing
- Biker Brewhouse to tap Leather & Lace black & tan beer on Saturday, Jan. 26.
- Uniontown Brewing adds additional fermentation capacity to pump out more beer in Ashland.
- Alpha and Omega double IPA on tap now at Canton Brewing Company.
- R.Shea Brewing tapped Ryed’n the Storm Out, a rye double IPA just ahead of last week’s winter weather.
- Speaking of last weekend’s storm, your humble narrator’s snow-addled mind is fixated on stouts and other hearty winter beers at the moment (over a third of this week’s stories involve dark and/or barrel aged beers). Twin Oast Brewing, the north coast farm-to-fermenter brewery in Ottawa County, recently released Chupavi Russian imperial stout. Checking in at 10.5% ABV and featuring rich, luscious notes of chocolate and dark fruit, this is a supreme sipper for wintry weather. Learn more at facebook.com/twinoast
- Maumee Bay Brewing tapped Big Ray’s Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Stout, the latest in their high gravity series.
- Sunday, Jan. 27 is the third annual Robert Burns night at Black Cloister Brewing Company.
- In 2016, Ronald and Cindy Downing donated their 88-foot sternwheel paddle boat, the Elizabeth Anne, to the Buckeye Lake Historical Society. The craft is being renovated, rechristened as the Queen of the Lake III, and is expected to serve as a tourist attraction in 2019. Buckeye Lake Brewery released Queen of the Lake III English mild ale this past week to benefit the boat’s restoration. Learn more at facebook.com/buckeyelakebrewery
- Homestead Beer Company is tapping their first kettle sour, Brrr-liner Weisse, today.
- Moroccan Truffle Stout is now on tap at Three Tigers Brewing in Granville.
- Cheers to a year of beer from Swine City Brewing in Fairfield! The party starts at noon today with the draft release of Under the Moonlight, a wine barrel aged fruited farmhouse ale. At 1 p.m. on Saturday, a limited number of Under the Moonlight bottles will be available for purchase. Then, on Sunday, two new surprise beer releases will be tapped. For all the details, visit facebook.com/swinecitybrewing
- Urban Artifact is releasing four variants of their Woodbreaker black cherry lemonade Midwest fruit tart on Saturday, Jan. 26.
- Streetside Brewery will wish Masthead Brewing a belated birthday, release collaboration beer on Monday, Jan. 28.
- Saphir, a taproom-exclusive pilsner, is available now at Taft’s Ale House and Taft’s Brewporium.
- The Ohio Craft Brewers Association will be slinging Drink Beer Made Here merch at Cincy Winter Beerfest on Feb. 1-2.
- Lock 27 Brewing is diving into canning with both feet, and will release their Lock Tender golden ale and Mouth Breather IPA today at 6 p.m. from their downtown Dayton brewery taproom. To commemorate the release of their flagship cans, Lock 27 is giving away a limited edition pint glass and two koozies to the first 50 people to purchase six packs. Four Lock Tender and Mouth Breather infusions will also be on tap with a specially priced flight available to try them all. Get all the details at facebook.com/lock27brewing
- Crooked Handle will tap The Machine Russian imperial stout on Saturday, Jan. 26.
- Dalton Union released the hyper-local brew 43040, made with malt and hops grown in Marysville.