The Ohio Craft Brewers Association is looking for an Executive Director. If you are interested in this position, email a letter of interest along with a resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
JOB TITLE – Executive Director
REPORTS TO – Board of Directors
Hire date: June 2013
This newly-created position is designed to organize and promote the Ohio Craft Brewers Association (OCBA). The person chosen for this position will be expected to implement the structure, process and growth plans necessary to help lead the organization by managing all elements of the Association, including fundraising, membership, financial, media and marketing, support of legislative activity and administrative duties. This position will require passion for the industry, a fast-paced environment, coordinating many different concurrent projects and working as part of a team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain and manage a fully-operational office
- Report to Board of Directors as directed
- Make quarterly presentations to Board of Directors
- Oversee tax returns and various accounting/filing requirements
- Maintain Association records and files
- Maintain and manage Association insurance and legal needs
- Manage all contracts with independent contractors and vendors
- Oversee financial reports (cash flow, balance sheet, P&L, etc.)
- Develop and manage annual budget
- Meet revenue goals, manage A/R and A/P
- Maintain accurate and current membership lists
- Encourage growth in all levels of membership
- Develop and implement a retail and consumer enthusiasts membership program
- Initiate, develop and implement fundraising programs
- Provide regular outreach to membership, including meetings and phone calls (as needed) and submissions to the online Forum (weekly)
- Develop new and innovative membership benefits
- Develop and execute a Support Your Local Brewery campaign
- Field phone calls from membership, media and others
- Support and assist in the execution of a political awareness campaign, including legislator and policymaker outreach, beer tastings and informational events at the state Capitol
- Develop programs, documents and initiatives that support political affairs mission
- Write and distribute press releases as needed
- Create media and promotional materials
- Develop, implement and manage a social media program
- Oversee and manage web site. Update content monthly. Develop new web site content on quarterly basis.
- Member events: Coordinate and execute all elements of various Association events including bi-annual General Meeting, workshops and Regional Meetings
- Fundraising events: Build new fundraising arm for the association by creating one large annual event, such as a beer festival, and work with regional committees to create smaller localized events.
- Political contact events: Create a series of regular events that entice state legislators to meet with craft brewers, such as a monthly happy hour, an annual “day on the hill,” beer and food dinners for staffers, etc.
- Support Political Affairs
- Must be proficient in Social Media/Networking, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Publisher, and Excel and should be able to use Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop Elements.
- Some experience with QuickBooks. Must be able to understand and work with financial reports and create and manage a budget.
- Must be comfortable at public speaking.
- Must have knowledge of the beer and alcohol industry, including a basic understanding of the regulations governing all types of alcohol.
- Must be adept at networking. Must be comfortable meeting with and engaging with local leaders, policymakers, legislators, state officials.
- Must have marketing and sales experience:
- Need to be creative and enterprising for fundraising efforts.
- Must have experience creating, maintaining and following through on sales leads
- Must be comfortable and adept at working with brewers, suppliers, retailers, distributors, craft beer enthusiasts and others in the industry to sell memberships and association ideals.
- Experience in event planning
- Basic level of media experience
- Will be required to attend various Association events and meetings throughout the state. May be required to travel to occasional seminars and conferences outside the state
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid Driver’s license required.
Experience working in the craft beer industry. Must be self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented and demonstrate initiative to create, develop and manage multiple projects. Will need to demonstrate initiative and provide follow-through in all areas of responsibility. Must work cooperatively with the Board of Directors. Must display excellent verbal and writing skills and be an excellent “people person.” Positive and quick learner is a must.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, large events, and driving. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but can be occasionally moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.